Concert Photos- Our Lady Peace

smyth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had the pleasure of going to a Our Lady Peace concert here in Ottawa on Tuesday, and I got the following shots. Shot with a rented 70-200mm Nikkor f2.8

Hope you like them, C&C welcome as always. If you'd like to see some others (Including some of Ice Cube) you can check out my flickr.

3723697193_1946ab1187_b.jpg

3724505762_c345ed9199_b.jpg

3724505362_eb881f9fa3_b.jpg

3723694501_d5be67566c_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots, cool that you could rent the 2.8, what camera were you using?

Great shots, cool that you could rent the 2.8, what camera were you using?

Yep. I love renting lenses, since I really can't afford to buy awesome glass like that. All of them were shot with a D40

Hot dang! Good work. Lovely n sharp in what are usually very wonky lighting conditions.

How close were you? And did you get any hassle about taking pics during the concert?

Hot dang! Good work. Lovely n sharp in what are usually very wonky lighting conditions.

How close were you? And did you get any hassle about taking pics during the concert?

Thanks! I have the 70-200 to thank for the sharpness. It's a great lens. It also helped that despite the D40 being an entry level camera it handles noise very well at ISO 1600.

I was probably 5 or 6 people back from the barricade which was probably another 5-10 feet away from the stage. So I was pretty close. I got no hassle from anyone...it's a pretty large outdoor festival that goes on over a week and a half here in Ottawa, and even when KISS was playing they didn't hassle people.

The lens counts for some of the image quality.....but someone still has to point the thing and hold it steady enough. :thumbup:

The lens counts for some of the image quality.....but someone still has to point the thing and hold it steady enough. :thumbup:

I suppose you are right! Thank you! :thumbup:

Nice shots!! Well done!

I saw Blue Rodeo Friday night, and was kicking myself for not bringing my camera!

Most reactions

Back