Concert Photos

Late

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
first off let me say I think this is a nice site. it's nice to be able to come and share pictures and get some experienced feedback.
I took these pictures at a recent hiphop show in my hometown. I've taken pics at other shows but this time I decided to use the flash (on my point & shoot digital) as little as possible so I could catch some of the ambient lighting. I'm really happy with the results as far as the lighting goes, not so happy with the motion problems (although in some of the pics I think it helps convey the energy of the show).

this is a local group Double Helix
lateDKDqyd.jpg

a local entertainers tattooed hands
lateEBWFqW.jpg

my friend Michelle watching from backstage
lateFTrSKF.jpg

this is KRS One, kind of a legend in HipHop. I like the lighting and his posture in this, if only it was a whole lot sharper
latepJUzKB.jpg

these next two are my favorites, lots of energy in this first one
lateBedDNR.jpg

I like the lighting in this alot, one of the only pics with a flash, he expresses so much emotion and energy in his performances (it kinda looks devilish too :twisted: )
lateDLBqYH.jpg

these last three are a bit of the same, different postures, interacting with the crowd
latebAcZUF.jpg

lateoFdCGc.jpg

latemEnWPU.jpg

any feedback from fellow photographers would be greatly appreciated. :)

wow, KRS one ... my brother used to play his tapes when i was a kid .. good to see he's still kicking ... the photos are nice, full of energy :D .... strangly, i got a few of his CD's laying around here

Ah, the ol' blur vs blown outlighting rub. The bane of concert photographers everywhere.

I always choose ambient lighting too.

thanks for the feedback, I've been out of practice for some time so I'm trying to get back into things and it's nice to have a site like this (kinda motivational)

Hey you got some nice shots in there. I especially like the motion blur on the waving hands on the very last shot. I also like the pose of KRS in the second to last shot. Merge those shots in photoshop and you got a stellar photo.

gonna go dl some KRS 1 music now :eek:

Most reactions

Back