concert shot critique

adstudio3d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was down at a racing event doing event coverage and they ended the event with a live band. I wasn't expecting to take any concert shots and had no flash with me... This was shot with a EOS 10D at 800iso and 1/40 if I remember correctly.

lead_img1.jpg

I was down at a racing event doing event coverage and they ended the event with a live band. I wasn't expecting to take any concert shots and had no flash with me... This was shot with a EOS 10D at 800iso and 1/40 if I remember correctly.

lead_img1.jpg

other than the fact that you cut off his elbow and back, its pretty cool, i like the coloring.. i'm a big fan of band shots, but you've got to get the whole body in there on an individual shot like this IMO... the other important rule when you are going to cut someone off, is don't do it on their joints, it looks funny

noted, I can see how cutting his elbow off can be weird.

the tight crop really isnt a problem. Its not enough to not know thats his arm playing the guitar. The knees is ok, probably c ould have gone up or down a little. With band photography, you have to take crop rules with a grain of salt because most of the time you either have a prime and have to take the shot from where you are told, or you have about .5 seconds to take a shot and cant worry about exact framing.

Actually, the show I was at, was at a racetrack with no press section or organization for media personnel. I basically stood in the crowd and pushed people out the way to get the shot, before i got pushed around myself haha which is why most of my shots came out blurry and these are the best two I had. But I will still keep the comments to memory since they will help me when I'm in a more controlled environment.

the tight crop really isnt a problem. Its not enough to not know thats his arm playing the guitar. The knees is ok, probably c ould have gone up or down a little. With band photography, you have to take crop rules with a grain of salt because most of the time you either have a prime and have to take the shot from where you are told, or you have about .5 seconds to take a shot and cant worry about exact framing.

Most reactions

Back