Concert Shot

drumsforlife15

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.drumsforlife15.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a few shots I took at a concert a few days ago. I used my Nikon D40, 55-200mm lens, ISO 1600. Converted to B&W in CS3, also some post done. C&C is appreciated.

Jason

10/5000s @ f/5.6, ISO 1600
DSC_0926db.jpg

10/8000s @ f/5.6, ISO 1600
DSC_0925db.jpg

Thanks. Yeah, there is noise, I had my ISO really high and didn't have a very fast lens. I shot most of the show in Aperture-Priority with the largest aperture (3-4.5).

They would have been great if they had been in focus, did you have center focus only ? because the mike stand is in focusalso you could have used a lower iso because first shot was 1/500 and second shot 1/800

not much to add as i've been preceeded by others with my same thoughts...!
that said, pulling apart the tech talk, these two are very beautiful picture that capture the intensity of the performance.
the black and white does a great effect, too, and makes up with the noise/focus problems as, at least to me, b&w photos have a charm of their own that can nicely match with the somewhat "tatty" (in a good way) feel these issues gave.

...and one day i'll get myself a 72 deluxe, too! ;)

They're alright. They've got good expressions, but I'd like to see them a bit sharper.

Though, they're quite good considering you used the slow kit lens.

Thanks guys. As far as the focus, I don't really know what to say. But I wish I would have used a lower ISO, now that I know I could have, for some reason I thought I should take it all the way up. I'll work on the focus, because I plan to shoot many more concerts.

Jason

Most reactions

Back