concrete poles...

black94sol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok so i suck at life w/ the title, but here it is. i know the fence is killing it, but anything else??

100_0292.jpg

the image is tilted a bit

i like the general idea, and the colours and contrasts are very strong

however I would not crop the poles that tightly... OR much tighter.

Just MHO :)

My only suggestion would be to frame it so we can see the completeshadow of the 3rd post. And I don't mind the fence so much. If you want to get rid of it, try a smaller DOF

i agree on the fence, it does not disturb me either.

and as for the title ... that is what made me curious so I had a look ... primary target achieved I would say ;)

First let my start by saying thank you, your service is appreciated more than you know :hail:

About the picture, I mean its a pretty boring subject, no getting around that. If you want a good picture you are going to need to get a little artsy. Upon first seeing the picture I immediately though it would be a good candidate to show off as shallow of DOF as you can muster, so get your largest focal length at your smallest aperture and focus on the second pillar. When you press the shutter release half way it should focus and lock, allowing you to re-compose the picture. With this you'll get a nice in focus center pillar, a front pillar slightly out of focus, and with any luck a back pillar that is out of focus. My only other suggestion to make this interesting is try some not so common angles. get on your stomach (since you have a P&S that isn't necessary) and get some shots from an angle most people never see.

gotcha...i shall try that tomorrow...

also VERY n00b question...i'm on accessphoto also, no one ever refers to DOF, what is it exactly??

black94sol said:
gotcha...i shall try that tomorrow...

also VERY n00b question...i'm on accessphoto also, no one ever refers to DOF, what is it exactly??

i hate acronyms too... but this one i sometimes use: depth of field it means. in other words the range of depth you get sharp-ish in your picture. With a wide aperture that is a rather shallow range, with the aperture rather closed it can be very deep.

black94sol said:
i'm used to acronyms, i'm in the army...that's all they use :)

Same in the Germany army ... ;) In my army times I used to see it as special sports to create very long sentences which contained acronyms only plus some verbs ...

Better than the man in finance who made up a soldier to collect two paychecks... then of course he had to kill him off before he was discharged.

I wonder if that was really murder since he never really existed... I just know there is a book in that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back