Condensation inside top command screen d750

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There was a perfect rectangle of condensation on the inside of the top control/command screen, the one on top right hand side nearest the command dials. It burned off after about half hour of just using the camera on a sunny day, I wonder what is the reason behind this and should I be worried. :culpability:

The camera was not stored in the car or in damp conditions just in the office along with rest gizmos and apples.

The camera was thirsty, and gulped a little bit of water-containing air from the nearby surroundings! :048:

Apples. Fruit loses moisture, which is probably where the moist came from. Eventually those apples will lose all of their moisture, and become "dried apples".

The camera was thirsty, and gulped a little bit of water-containing air from the nearby surroundings! :048:

Maybe

Apples. Fruit loses moisture, which is probably where the moist came from. Eventually those apples will lose all of their moisture, and become "dried apples".

When I said apples I meant apple macs

My D500 prefers Granny Smith over McIntosh..

Om a more practical note, you could put the camera inside a ziplock bag with some uncooked rice, seal the bag, and let it sit undisturbed overnight. The rice will draw the moisture out of the camera. Be careful not to let the rice get into the camera however - that will cause even more problems.

The real question how would moisture got under the top lcd in the first place, doesn't sound to weather sealed to me. I never had that issue with any of the Nikon body's I had and have know and going from extreme cold,damp misty rain or heat and humidity but only on the outside the display may fog over but never underneath the display.

I guess it could be ambient humidity; perhaps directly exposed to sunlight through an office window, and it condensed inside the cavity between the LCD and the glass.

The real question how would moisture got under the top lcd in the first place,

ok that makes sense if the OP left it sitting in one spot being exposed to direct sun light. Sun light coming through glass beaming off things can be very bad especially for fires off reflective items. A firefighter friend responded to a fire caused by the sun coming through the glass window reflecting off some shinning object caused a home or office cant remember which to catch fire pretty big one to.

Last edited:
Pre me seeing this the camera was in a shoulder case/bag in my office. Ive not had this issue before and i own other nikons perhaps there was moisture in the case but if so wouldn't the lcd be fogged also. I am pretty careful about letting the body etc get wet, however I can't remember what i was doing previous to this. Generally I keep all my stuff in a plastic container with rice in a secondry jar inside.

Om a more practical note, you could put the camera inside a ziplock bag with some uncooked rice, seal the bag, and let it sit undisturbed overnight. The rice will draw the moisture out of the camera. Be careful not to let the rice get into the camera however - that will cause even more problems.
Absolutely, about a cup of uncooked rice, but leaving the camera in the sealed bag with the rice for at least 72 hours is even better.

Most reactions

Back