coney island cityscapes

jasonkt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
#1) A sunrise in Coney, facing the Cyclone and the Wonder Wheel.
coneyislandalley.jpg

#2) Sunrise over the Coney Island/Stillwell Ave subway station, shot from the roof of my building.
coneyislandstationhdrweb.jpg

#3) I owe this shot to Captain Bob, a local here who tipped me off to the security light illuminating the Lewis Carroll teacups after hours.
teacupsweb.jpg

Thanks for looking! Your comments and critiques are welcome.

in the first picture it looks like coney island has seen better days.

Is the first of these three a lensbaby photo?
I like the second, looks HDR. Is it?
If you actually live where you live, I might have gone past your house at some point in time in April 2006, heehee. It was back then that I thought "Coney Island must have seen better days", too. Unfortunately, many photos got taken with my Powershot out of a driving car (our hired car, DH as driver), so their quality is not for showing ... :( ).

#1 isn't a lensbaby pic but I used a fisheye attachment

Yes, #2 is an HDR photo. So are the other two! Well, attemts, anyway.

I've lived in Coney Island for almost two years now. It has seen better days for sure! Right now there is a developer who bought up most of the amusement property and is planning a big renovation of the whole area. So far, though, he's just driven out the existing ride operators and has replaced them with empty lots, i.e. the one on the right side of pic #1. Still, in the end it's supposed to be as glamorous as disneyworld or vegas, so we'll see. Maybe Coney's best days are yet to come!

well i go for the 1st one..

I like #2 first very hot colors!!! My second choice is #1 just a very interesting perspective.

Thanks! If I had to choose, I think I like #1 better too but only because I'm still not happy with the sky in #2.

I'm going back for another try at #3 soon, I want to get whatever that is in the lower left out of the way and try a different angle.

very nice shots. im originally from brooklyn as well now im in harlem. i believe coney island is being closed down and there building low income houses there now.

btw we should def do a shoot together. i have full access to 5pointz graffiti spot in long island city queens anytime you wanna go. i use to Paint there so i know everyone. let me know..

Most reactions

Back