TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4v8nos4.jpg

Clone out the guys up top or not.

well the guy to the right is not too bad.. the other one bothers me a bit... since you mentioned them.

however the eye is not drawn to them I would say, so you could get away with them in the image... people might find out then, that it is reenactment though ;)

if I think again, the guy in jeans makes this a real reenactment image instead of a fake civil war image... you decide what you prefer

nah, i wouldn't. Was this off a paper negative?

I like the look you got going on here in processing/ a real almost Tin Type effect... I'm just not real sure on the composition on this one... I would like to have seen the front of the tent on left , just for the fact of knowing right off that it is a tent.. and maybe just a bit more space above the tent..

I also think maybe instead of the clone , you might also consider a crop in that area , just at the edge of the bush , to eliminate both figures and tighten up the shot.. there is nothing of real importance on that side of this shot anyway....

The feeling is good on this shot, and without doubt a B+W all the way!
No problems with contrast / or tones .. the way it is edited is nice, a real 1861 feel.... but yes to the clone or crop.. the out of era dress of the one just would kill the shot..

I think this is a pretty darn good rendition in modern times of an era gone by... nice work!

Thanks for the comments. I did direct copy of civil war scenes last time. I am leaning toward reenactor scene on this roll at least. I had three more rolls hanging and one to go to the color lab. Not sure about the next roll. I was shot with the ruskie might be a bit sharper.

On the crop think I want to keep the top of the tent on the left so Ill just clone the one guy out.

Most reactions

Back