Confused on what to set the red window on my Diana to.

xypex982

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have some 120 slide I want to shoot in my Diana. I don't recall if there is any sort of insert for the Diana, but I know mine doesn't have it in. Now because of this I'm assuming that means I will get 12 images, but am not sure. Which number should I set the arrow to if I don't have the insert in?

3039u74.jpg

I don't own one of those but if the camera is shooting 6x6 images then you need the 12 setting.

BTW be sure to cover the red window with some tape or else you will get fogged negs.

Without the insert you shoot 12 exposures and with the insert you'll do 16 exposurs.

And be sure to cover teh red window or you'll get an image of the numbers as well as fogging in every pic. Cover it with tape n advance the film in subdued light.

The arrow should be pointing at the number 12 if you are shooting 6 by 6 negatives. Newer Holga's have an insert for 6 by 4.5. You then need to set it to 16 exposures. Make sure that you cover the red window with velcro to keep the light out and you should probably fog the interior with very flat black paint. The clips on the side of the back cover should also be tightened to prevent the cover from falling off.

Most reactions

Back