Confusing Decisions

FuryofNature

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.furyofnaturephotography.com
I really like this photo....but I can't seem to choose which way of processing it is best. Some background: It's a still photo from a movie shoot. This is one of the characters, he's a Hitman.

Can you guys please let me know what you think is the best and why? This one's making my brain hurt.
Thanks!!!!!!

Original:
110806067.jpg

Attempt 1:
110806-067.jpg

Attempt 2:
110806-067alt.jpg

Attempt 3:
110806-067alt2.jpg

Again thanks so much for any feedback you may have.
_KA

Ah, something to choose, very good.
I like attempt #1 the best. It gives him a little edge, a bit more badboy attitude (maybe because it darkens his stubble). The white background in 2 seems to alter his face (makes him look a bit dorky) and no. 3 is too plain, too 'clean'.

good luck.

pascal

Well, I would definitely exclude 2.
I think you managed the difficult exposure best in 3, provided you were not going for any special effects in your post processing.
Most effective, however, is your version 1 off the original!

He's the guy who would always win my worst-clothing-award, isn't he, the one in kinda shorts and then socks and shoes? Horrors! :shock: :biggrin:

definately 1.... it has the cross processed look... and makes him look more 'badass'!.... good job :thumbup:

yes lafoto he is kinda dressed dopey...but I swear it his character, not him.

It is really hard shooting these photos because they're outside in the middle of the day in sunny southern california. I was shooting at 1/4000 and it was still too bright.....i cant go any faster :( So im trying my best to get photos I can correct in photoshop.

Thanks for all the opinions....theres never too many thoughts for me :p

_KA

FuryofNature said:
yes lafoto he is kinda dressed dopey...but I swear it his character, not him.

It is really hard shooting these photos because they're outside in the middle of the day in sunny southern california. I was shooting at 1/4000 and it was still too bright.....i cant go any faster :( So im trying my best to get photos I can correct in photoshop.

Thanks for all the opinions....theres never too many thoughts for me :p

_KA

wow.. 1/4000 mine only goes to 1/1000 :(

i actually really like the original and as a result i think attempt 3 is best...i think the others are either too bright, or are too grainy and make his face weird ( and for some reason make his eyes seem kinda insane)

shareefy said:
i actually really like the original and as a result i think attempt 3 is best...i think the others are either too bright, or are too grainy and make his face weird ( and for some reason make his eyes seem kinda insane)

Well he's supposed to be kinda insane....he's a volatile hitman :)

I like #3, because it looks warmer, like natural film (cinema film, not photography film). #1 reminds me of fight club and other modern film noir movies.

I'd go with the one that fit the movie best.

If it's film a noir/gritty/psychological horror movie, I'd go with #1.

If it's more an action/adventure movie, I'd go with #3.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back