Confusing Road Sign

ahelg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was on my way to catch a train a few weeks ago when I suddenly noticed this sign infront of a small bridge and it really made me laughe. Who honestly has time to read this thing, and actually work out if it's legal for them to drive over, before it's to late?

SNB10177.jpg

LOL!
There are at least 3 different font types and 4 font sizes in that...
I thought maybe the bigger parts of the text were selected because by reading them you'd get the overall message... but I was wrong.

I just realised this is GOATHLAND station on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.

This is the station used in the UK TV series Heartbeat and it is also the station that Harry potter arrives at in the First Harry Potter film.

I have been there many times. Also there is a walk you can do from the far end of Goathland to a place called Mallyan Spout which is a lovely waterfall, a photo of Mallyan Spout is on my website.

Thanks for Sharing.

I was aware that they film heartbeat here (thats the reason I went there) but I had no idea that they had filmed part of harry potter there.

Hummmm.....are passengers considered part of the weight restrictions?

And here I was thinking they'd covered everything when they wrote that sign. Oh well, I guess they'll just have to make it even bigger now to make room for "max 400 kg people weight!".

Thats such a strange sign, but does serve the purpose of making you read!

Most reactions

Back