Confussed.... Tfcd ... Snapshots... Compositions.... Photographs?

delko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all.

I wish someone can maybe clear this up for me.

I did my first tfcd shoot this past weekend.

And i am totally confused.

While i was shooting a non model it was easier to compose it felt like more freedom.

Now after this tfcd i feel like doing a tfcd it feels so limited.
The model have certain poses or variations.
Hands and feet positions are almost fully defined.
Where do the art and composition comes in?
I know bokeh is heavily used at location shoots.
But is this model portfolio photographs part of portraits or on its own.
By that it just feels there are so many rules stated by the model industry to put focus on the subject.
Does the art and creativity comes in at composition?
Do i have to be much more creative with photographing a model than with a non model?
It feels just like all these rules that needs to be followed.
Like all poses are in the for C S I.
Hand placements...
Feet placement....

Please help me to find the answer .
Photography is awesome and i feel i can create something and freeze a moment.
I just wish i can put more uniqueness and art and creativity into a models portfolio.

Am i missing an important point?

Is it about the model rather than the photograph/art?

Thank you

Keep shooting....

Trigger happy :)

Where are the pictures? We cant help you without pictures. This is the photo forum. Please post photos to the forum! and stop using the term non model. If they posed for a picture then they modeled. Now they are a model and were during the phase where they were modeling for you as you took their pictures. But seriously. Post some pics. I want to see these poses and the locations and the bokeh. Also post what you used to do this shoot with.

Forkie said:
I don't know what TFCD or CSI mean.

CSI= Crime scene investigation.

TFCD - I googled it heh.........

kewl speak for "Time for CD of digital images A model, or would-be model agrees to give up her time and pose for a photographer who agrees to ..."

TFCD - I googled it heh.........

kewl speak for "Time for CD of digital images A model, or would-be model agrees to give up her time and pose for a photographer who agrees to ..."

Did you really have to google that? But I still dont knwo what CSI means. So we will continue to go with crime scene investigation.

Que The Who - Yaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!

David-Caruso-cm01.jpg

"would-be" model <---proves the accuracy of the google find =)

"would-be" model <---proves the accuracy of the google find =)

i like the part where it says, "...the photographer agrees to.................."

We should play fill in the blank!

Ill go first!

"...the photographer agrees to.................." give the model a great opportunity to be in his upcoming bikini calendar. Possible movie "auditions" may follow!

Most reactions

Back