Considering going all analog

Cool, will check out that book!

Back to one of my questions, if you don't mind ;), would getting a Canon 7 be a "workable" solution? No lenses longer than 135mm, but that may be enough tele for me. Or should I get an ASLR that is compatible with my current lens selection?

Remember the Polaroid film that gave you a print and a negative? Type 55, maybe?

Someone should make a back that gives me a negative and a digital file ;)

Man I see opportunity for you right there, at least patent the thought
bigthumb.gif

Compaq said:

Back to one of my questions, if you don't mind ;), would getting a Canon 7 be a "workable" solution? No lenses longer than 135mm, but that may be enough tele for me. Or should I get an ASLR that is compatible with my current lens selection?

A rangefinder is so good on the street my friend loaned me an Elmarit 90f2.8 and it just did not seem right for me

- robust
- easy to load film
- preferably manually get the film back in the compartment
- batterygrip available
- batteries widely available
- manually setting the exposure
- a branded body with a variety of different lenses available (decent lenses).

Years ago I had both the OM-1 and OM-2, both rugged workhorses.

Welcome to real photography. When you make pictures only out of light sensitive materials you realise how different that is to making pictures out of electronic files. The difference between the two kinds of pictures is like comparing evidence to testimony or samples to descriptions.

It is possible to have a full-time career making photographs without ever touching an atom of digital anything. That's what I do. I deliberately mark myself off from the 50 million or so talented and energetic digital shooters climbing over each others backs trying to get to the top of the pile in a picture saturated world. And to reinforce the point the back of my photographer's card reads: Guaranteed No Digital.

Most reactions

Back