Constitution Dr

DLindsey88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wasn't sure where to put these, and this seemed like the most appropriate place.
$IMG_3649.jpg$IMG_3725.jpg
I wasn't crazy about the night shot, but AlanO seemed to think it was decent, so I'm putting bot up for comparison. Please let me know what you think, and don't hold back on the critiques. Thanks!!!!

Oh, and here's another flag, since I'm feeling so patriotic today.
$IMG_3728.jpg

I know a lot of people hate selective color, but I was bored and wanted to get a little practice using PS and did this real quick. It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty cool.
$IMG_3725 SC.jpg

I still prefer the night shot.

my comment from the previous thread

I checked out your blog, the Constitution Dr / US Flag shot is more interesting by far.
Thanks for checking out my blog!! I liked that shot as well, but I feel like it would look much better in the daytime with a nice, clear sky. The weather has been pretty bad the last fees days, so I'm waiting for it to clear up so I can reshoot.

Well technically it may not be perfect, maybe that's what I like about it. The noisy sky, sign post diagonals, and the motion blur of the flag all make it a pretty dynamic scene. Where I see a little turmoil, you see blue skies :) ... I would like to compare the re-shoot.

I am one that usually hates selective color but when incorporated with the american flag I feel like it always works. I think that one is the best of them all. Not to thread jack but I took a shot of a flag on Wall St. in NY and decided to use selective color as well as was very please with the result.

DSC_0028 by mshipman89, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back