Contemporary Senior Girl

Tally Ho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A favorite pose. Most seniors love it. Most mothers wonder what happened to the top of her head. Original (as usual) on Kodak Portra 160NC color negative film then digitized my my lab, Bronica GS 1 with a 150mm lens, F 8 @ 1/60 sec.

Tally Ho

Very pretty girl & I love the wide pupils. Although she does seem to have a worried expression on her face.

I like the cropping and her eyes really stand out. Nice lighting as well. The background seems a little busy and distracting for this shot. I agree with Mike as well, her expression looks worried and I don't think that was the emotion intended.

Neat!

Couple of queries...
a. How did you light her?
b. Why is the hair on the right soft? You said f8, right?

Thanks

danalec99 said:
Neat!

Couple of queries...
a. How did you light her?
b. Why is the hair on the right soft? You said f8, right?

Thanks

"A" Fill behind camera, hair light above and slightly behind her head aimed down, main to camera right, kicker at camera left behind and slightly above aimed down to skim her hair.

"B" The DOF decreases as the lens gets closer to the subject. I was about 18 inches away from her. My guess is the DOF was two to three inches.

Tally Ho

Apparantly the moderator removed the image and added "No Critiques, just applause" under my handle. Rather childish I would say. Perhaps a word to the owner of this site is in order.

Tally Ho

sorry bout that tally, looks like someone wanted to play a little practical joke. no harm done, can you change it, or would you prefer i did?

Just as an FYI, the attachements are missing due to the migration to the new server, noboby removed them.

Thanks, but I already changed it. Kinda scary that apparantly anyone can change this without the original poster's knowledge or consent. I paid $25.00 so I could post images on this site but this may have been a mistake. I wonder if the owner of this site knows how his paying customers are being treated by the moderators here. If this became public knowledge who knows what would happen to paying subscriptions.

Tally

AlisonPower said:
Just as an FYI, the attachements are missing due to the migration to the new server, noboby removed them.

Humm, the images I posted the same day as this one, in the same forum as this one are still there. Did only some images not make it to the new server?

Tally

ill confess tally, i did it. but im no mod...im admin, member #50.

voodoocat said:
Actually it's only the pretentious-holier-than-thou members being treated as such.

So this would also include you I presume?

Tally Ho

MDowdey said:
ill confess tally, i did it. but im no mod...im admin, member #50.
MD, I appreciate you saying that, but we all know it was me who did it.

Most reactions

Back