Contest Doubts..

JayJay65

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive been told alot, my photos can win contests, even from my photography teacher (masters degree, and 50 years of experience).. But I just feel as though its such a hard step up.. I mean like.. Its hard enough to find contests in my area, let alone work up courage to enter my pictures..

Any advice? :(

It can't hurt to enter, can it? Just go for it.

I tried finding contests.. But I had no luck.. Is there any ideas? and also I just dont know which one to put in.. How do you guys decide?

I would suggest you look for local photo clubs.

Also, beware of some on-line contests. There are some that are scams...they tell everybody that they have 'made the finals' and will be published in a book. They put several thousand small photos into a book and try to get you to buy it for $90.

Thanks.. thats really helpful, ill continue to look :)

I would suggest you look for local photo clubs.

Also, beware of some on-line contests. There are some that are scams...they tell everybody that they have 'made the finals' and will be published in a book. They put several thousand small photos into a book and try to get you to buy it for $90.

I won one of those a few years ago! :D

No i didnt buy the book :p

Do a google search for photo contests and read a lot of photo magazines like B+W, American Photo, Pop Photo, etc. They all have annual contests.

Just enter some contests and enjoy the whole process. My wife made me enter a few photos this year and I won three first prizes at the County Fair, got a Honorable Mention and sold another photo for $xxx at the Colorado State Fair, and one photo will be in the 2008 calendar of the zoo here in town. Next year, I will plan everything better and will have even more fun with the contests. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back