Contest Potential?

Candor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My school is hosting a photography contest. I'm hoping to enter a few. Right now I have just some pictures that I'm experiementing with. They are horrible. I'm hoping someone can give me advice on how to make them better. It's due tomorrow afternoon. I have about and hour to develop the ones I want to enter. I'm limited to polycontrast filters, 5x7, and 8x10. Plus, I need to know the best way to present them. My edges are always crooked. Should I use a border or something? Should I mount it as if it were being displayed in an art gallery?

Here's the pictures I am thinking about entering in the contest.

Picture #1
6ugj3fo.jpg

The chain-link fence is barely visible. But I looked through it and focused on the two crows. How can I increase the contrast and bring out the crows? (I doubt I have a way to dodge/burn the picture, unless someone could tell me how.)

Picture #2
71xvryb.jpg

I just thought this one was cute. I'm not a great photographer, but I took this one quickly for a small assignment I was given. Could I improve it and make it good enough to enter in the contest?

Picture #3
6yf6bl4.jpg

This was another effort for my assignment. It had to be at or below eye level. I focused on the colored pencils in the middle and there is one picture in front and one in the back. Should I crop out the stuff beyond the back picture? Could I make this better in some one?

Picture #4
6l3oh0w.jpg

I really like this picture. But I want to give it more contrast since it is just sort of. . blah. Any tips on how I could improve it?

I would greatly appreciate any pointers, advice, c&c. Just remember, I don't exactly know what I'm doing. SO don't be too harsh. ;)

Most reactions

Back