Continuing my Portrait Pro 9 testing.

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For this one i used a litte bit of faced reshaping.

5247513103_70ee90512a.jpg

5247513971_76d4b43fc9_b.jpg

now my concern,

I Noticed the smaller size of the jpeg compressed by pp9 since i was using it in stand alone directly from the original jpeg.

tonight i will try to make the changes directly from a raw file, save it in cs5 and import it from there to see the difference.

while exporting jpegs from pp9, there is no options really to select quality of compression type.

Last edited:
Her face looks beautiful in both of 'em. Very pretty lady.

I really like the portrait pro - i like freckle-free faces!

You're first one is fine, but the smoothness is always nice as in the processed shot.

I did a shoot of a guy's three teenagers the other day - waiting for his order, THEN i'll have some dramatic differences in before and after with portrait pro, as they all have quite a bit of acne and blemishes (but still good looking kids).

I really like the portrait pro - i like freckle-free faces!

You're first one is fine, but the smoothness is always nice as in the processed shot.

I did a shoot of a guy's three teenagers the other day - waiting for his order, THEN i'll have some dramatic differences in before and after with portrait pro, as they all have quite a bit of acne and blemishes (but still good looking kids).

its really does a good job at keeping details like freckles but you have to go really easy. there is 10 level of intencity and i think i did this one at 2.

the other thing i noticed is how it does the skin selection. it uses the tones and colors that are around the eyes/mouth you selected and make the skin selection based on it. It works really great with color pictures

I did a test with a black and white image. Skin tones of the models were pretty much the same as the wall behind. PP included the back wall in the automated skin selection :thumbdown: so i had to select the skin manually.

One other thing i noticed with the skin selection is that if you select the skin with a lower opicity using the skin selection brush, It also control how heavy the post processing will be on that selected skin. Let say you have a model with a lot of freckles, i would go over the skin i want to preseve all the details and use a lower opacity on the brush to have less skin moothing on that part

since it is a cs5 plugins (with the studio version), you can also make the change on a photoshop layer and set the layer opacity afterward. with the use of cs5 this tool is getting really really interesting.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back