Continuous lighting...whats that company called? Allen Bees?

battletone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can't find it now. It was a continuous lighting but was cool so people are not sweating. I read about it here, and there was a youtube video link also. I thought it was Allen Bees. I don't think it was Alien Bees.

Any help?

Last edited:
Just about any typical household lighting can be used for continuous lighting. Incandescent, florescent etc. The key is that you are consistent with your lights and don't mix types.

Is there any flicker issues with florescent lights and video? I am looking at continuous because I want it to double for video and photography.
I haven't really looked into lighting much yet. I just remember the video and a couple people on here saying how much they liked it.

That Alzo doesn't sound familiar, and it isn't the video I saw, but I will look into that also.

The video had a guy saying how he didn't use continuous because it was always so hot and his models would sweat...but then says a friend who was another respected professional or something let him barrow his set and he was sold instantly. It looked like the softbox light that is in the Alzo video. It was really big like that.

I thought they were like $500 or something around there. They made a big deal in the video about how cool they are.

I had a chance to use Westcott Spiderlite TD5's on Saturday for Help-Portrait. They're a daylight-balanced, continuous set-up. I was amazed by the quality of the light and the ease of use. They're pretty expensive, but my impression is that they're worth the money.

I had a chance to use Westcott Spiderlite TD5's on Saturday for Help-Portrait. They're a daylight-balanced, continuous set-up. I was amazed by the quality of the light and the ease of use. They're pretty expensive, but my impression is that they're worth the money.

Thanks. This is what i was talking about.

So from the same point as someone asking what a 1Dmk3 offers over an XSi...what do these offer over something similar but less expensive?

How do they compare to the Alzo?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back