Contract for celeb party?

Cinka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, so, I spoke with a new client tonight and we've agreed to work together. I'm being hired to shoot artsy shots of his child's birthday party. It so happens, this client is a celeb (minor). He's agreed to pay a start up deposit and then the rest upon completion of the job. He also mentioned that if I wanted to sell the images to tabloids, I could.

So, now what? Do I casually FAX him a contract? I feel like contracts are a safe bet, but cheapen the relationship. I suppose I can't go on his word alone, but how do I get him the contract without scaring him off? I'd like to seem like a trusting person, but have been cheated before. I don't want to come off as an ass, saying I don't trust him...but can I really afford to trust anyone? This is business.

Help? Advice?

Thanks!

I base my business around knowing my clients. I work on a down payment that covers my costs at the shoot plus a little extra. I then give them the price list for enlargement prints and everything else including price per file. Just make sure there initial payment is enough so atleast dont lose anything. And then make your profit on the prints.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back