Contracting ro photograph the same children for a year.

That's interesting. I know that at least one photographer around here is doing something kind of similar. They sell a package that includes several shoots over a year.

i saw a website for a photog offering 5 year contracts for the same thing, starting with maternity shots. seems a little long to me... from a consumer standpoint anyway, i wouldn't be too sure a photog was still going to be in business that far in the future...

I did that for a while... called it a baby plan. Could be for children of any age. I charged X amount for three photo sessions throughout the year, documenting that year.

I don't do it anymore because people tend to not spend as much. They will easily spend $1,000-3,000 for one photo shoot when it is "special" to them and a one-time deal that year, (repeat the following year). When I do the "baby plan", they may spend $300-600 for one session, and that takes time away from someone else that I could shoot during that slot who would spend more.

I'm considering offering it again but for studio only (meaning in my studio or on the one-acre scenic historic property surrounding it) for the new year, but I don't know... we'll see how it goes without first.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back