Contrast in post production

Rathbone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rathbone.eprofile.us
I always liked the effects a narrow depth of field had on a background, blurring colored masses so they looked like abstract design elements rather than a pile of cans that would normally ruin your photo lol...well with this one spider photo I took at the edge of the woods, I started playing around using Jasc Paint Shop Pro and I upped the contrast to about 40, used unsharp mask and then texture preserving blend. Now it looks like spidey is having a religous experience. Inna Gadda da Spidah, baby!

spiderheaven_b.jpg

So I got kind of excited with my psychedelic results and started playing around with other shots. Such as this praying mantis:
pDsc_0131_b.jpg

and this I don't know what the heck it is but he sure looks comfy:
perch2_b.jpg

the first one looks cool! I love the washed out colours in the bg! :D

I'll let others on here tell you which of the backgrounds in your photos presented in this thread I like best of all - those who know me will know :biggrin:

And I share your liking shallow DOF for things as little as these that you are showing us here, how else would you honour them enough in a photo, I wonder?
You are showing us some very cool findings!
Praying Mantis is a kind of insect we don't have here in Germany.
Therefore I find that one exotic.

But which is the one whose colour appeals to me most - is what others will surely tell you :D.

LaFoto said:
But which is the one whose colour appeals to me most - is what others will surely tell you :D.
:D

I know! :greenpbl: (edit: <--that's a hint, by the way ;) )

I really like those shots. The colors are very intense and very beautiful. I like these purely for their photographic appeal. :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back