Control Canon DSLR Live View Through IPHONE!!!! OOOH MY GODDDDD

The only time I can see this being useful are those extremely rare situations where you have to shoot tethered, while you are in a seperate room.

Seems kinda pointless to me. If you have to be in a different room, why would you have to shoot tethered? If you weren't in a different room, why wouldn't you just use the computer that your camera is already connected to?

Maybe I'm missing something - but to me, the only reason you would shoot tethered is because you want to see the images on the computer monitor as you take them. If you're going to be sitting in front of the computer anyway, why bother using your phone as a remote?

Just give me one example of a time when you would have to shoot tethered and also not be near the camera/computer. Seriously- When would you use it? I can only think of one or two very limited situations where this would actually make things easier.

lol thats funny you posted that. take a look at the second tutorial. notice who made it. :)

of course there are other options, but the thing thats selling me on this iphone app is the ability to view live view on the iphone. i dunno, call me a geek, call me a technojunkie but that is just ultra ultra cool to me :thumbup:

I find this to be a far cooler app, and no laptop needed.

Camera Hacker: Forums: TI-89 program to do a time lapse photography on Canon SLR

Of course you have to have the TI-89.

Or of course if you have a TI-84.
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ng-time-lapse-videos-graphing-calculator.html

or the TI-89.
Make a Time-Lapse Movie Using a TI89 Calculator - code.coneybeare.net

Plus the cost of the app is right. :lol:

I see no point at all to why this would be a valid way of shooting. The only "cool" part is that it can be done and someone figured out how to do it. Not worth the effort in my opinion.

Well lets face it. about 70% of the apps in the AppStore serve no useful purpose. But man this would get the girls.

I love the idea of this app - and it would be kind of cool impressing the clients by wandering around the studio with my iphone taking pictures - but actually for me I can't find a use for it.

I'll probably get it anyway just so occasionally I can pull off the cool factor. You sit at the back of the studio with the camera just sitting on the tripod going "Left a bit, bring the arm down, just smile" CLICK!

Gee I have the same thing now. It's called a Wireless remote.:D :lol:

I was just checking out this app when I was looking at genuine fractals on OnOnes website. You do not need a wireless connection, just a wi-fi laptop to communicate with the Ipod/Iphone. Its an Ad-Hoc network. Also, you can now adjust the settings on the camera as well ( in the $19.99 ) version. I think it would be cool to be able to move about and check the changes to the camera without being forced to stand in front of the camera. This way you could be your own assistant in a studio. Holding reflectors, re-adjusting lighting and not constantly having to run back to the camera. I may get it. Also has a cool time lapse function that would just be fun for parties or events as long as you felt the camera was safe from people tampering with it or it getting knocked over.

Depending on the specifics of the app, this could have lots of uses. Lets say you are asked to shoot a sporting event/dance recital, music performance and you have several bodies. You could set them up where you expect you will have photo opportunities (under basket, goal line, low center stage angle, drummer, etc and hook them up to cheap laptops (you can get laptops to run a program like this for less than $50). Now you can walk around to get those lucky shots while still having coverage over key areas. Also, for taking pictures of small children and of yourself. Other uses could include documenting events over a few hours with images taken when a certain criteria is met (other than standard time intervals).

While uses are not hard to come by, I do not think many/anyone would go buy an iphone/touch just to use this feature.

Self portraits would no longer be failures

Do people realize that all those "cool" things can be done with a laptop as well?

I mean, someone mentioned that the Iphone has a nice screen, but is it nicer than a laptop screen? It's not even nicer than my windows mobile phone's!

So if you have to have a laptop to use the Iphone through wifi. Why use it at all and not JUST the laptop, with a larger screen which will be better for getting the focus right, and all the controls ready?

IF, and only IF there was a use in which you have to be away from the camera and laptop, but not far enough for wifi not to work, THEN it could be worth it, but I fail to come up with a use for that.

Maybe if one was to set up the camera in a go-kart, and the photographer wanted to take captures of other drivers? That's so specific though.

I guess it's all just more Apple/Mac fanaticism.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back