Convention

nkmaurer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am really excited to go to my first convention finally!!!! Working on researching the speakers and figure out where to go because of course they would overlap speakers!

I know this is a really random question but since this is my first and I am going to be traveling and staying at a hotel I wanna make sure i know everything. Is there anything I need to take besides a paper and pencil?? I don't need any cameras or equipment do I??

It looks like some longs days but I am excited to be able to sit and learn!!!

Personally I'm fast on the keyboard, so I take my laptop. I always take a point and shoot camera to record interesting setups. I'm find it amusing when people use their SLR's to duplicate a teachers images. Not me! I use a point and shoot to photograph the teachers setup, where the lights are positioned, etc. That is much more important than trying to look like your the pro.

Bottled water - pack your own. Hotel water can be over $2 a bottle. And some pick-me-up snacks are great when the afternoon gets long.

Just so you know, conventions are a great place to spend money. Most speakers are going to have things for sale: CD sets, books, etc. Most will take credit cards. I've picked up some of the best stuff at conventions. Also, if there's a trade show, that's a great place to get some deals on equipment.

Have fun and learn lots!

Really, if you don't mind can you post a link with some of the info for the convention? I live in Cincinnati, just a couple of hours away. I could drive out and drive back afterwards.

Most reactions

Back