Conversion: The Crow Creek Smithy

PetersCreek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
On my trip to Girdwood this past weekend, I drove to the Crow Creek Mine where I found this preserved blacksmith's shop...

98312780-L.jpg

I could've taken pictures in there all afternoon...but as it was, I was pushing my luck since I had to be sneaky and take down the barrier rope for a few minutes to make this shot.

I'm surprised that nobody has commented on this yet. I really like this shot. It looks like a postcard. Nice capture.

If only that photo showed for me.....!
I'd love to comment on it, more so since megapaws here says it is so nice!
Alas! No pic ... I'll try to get to it on "the scenic route now", hang on .... no luck. "Website does not react" (or its equivalent in German, mind) is what it says ... :( That may account for the lack of traffic here.

Yesssss!
Pic is here.
What wonderful, wonderful tones you have in this one!
All the window light is ever so good here.
And even though you only worked with that light, you got everything really sharp and crisp. Really good.

Thank you! I loved the light, too but it was somewhat of a challenge. It was pretty dark in the smithy, so the windows...especially the one on the left...were problematic to say the least. With the room properly exposed, both windows were blown, the left one massively so.

This image is actually a composite of at least four exposures with another two or three adjustment layers thrown in, all selectively masked to get the light I remembered seeing. I'm also thinking of going back to the RAW files for another version, this time letting the window blow out a bit for a more dramatic look.

Most reactions

Back