Convert to Ink Drawing???

cajun622342234

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is it possible to convert a photo to an Ink Drawing using PSE9??

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Do you mean something like this?

P1020893sm-1.jpg

P1020893pen.jpg

I've thought about doing this with some of the architctural pics I've taken, but doing it by hand. Basically trace the image, then using carbon paper transfer that to a canvas & then using pen & ink to finish.

There are lots of plug-ins or "filters" which will allow you to produce many variations of that effect.

<wise.a.ss>No, there is no way to convert a photo to an ink drawing. You can make it somewhat look like an ink drawing but it will never be an ink drawing</wise.a.ss> :)

<wise.a.ss>No, there is no way to convert a photo to an ink drawing. You can make it somewhat look like an ink drawing but it will never be an ink drawing</wise.a.ss> :)

This is the most accurate response.

Last edited:
So if I convert it manually (pen and paper), it still won't be an ink drawing? :) :lol:

So if I convert it manually (pen and paper), it still won't be an ink drawing? :) :lol:

Obviously it will NOT be a drawing created with pen and India Ink; no more so than changing a color photo to a B&W and imagining that it was shot on Plus-X or Tri-X film.... I think you're missing the point....that's what Photoshop does....it enhances your photo artificially to produce results different than what was actually captured on the memory card or film...back in the 60's we really only had a few darkroom corrective features, such as parallax correction, vignetting, dodging and burning; and maybe a little Vaseline on a glass filter....just to name a few.

inkjetsuperstore pgi-220bk
Obviously it will NOT be a drawing created with pen and India Ink; no more so than changing a color photo to a B&W and imagining that it was shot on Plus-X or Tri-X film.... I think you're missing the point....that's what Photoshop does....it enhances your photo artificially to produce results different than what was actually captured on the memory card or film...back in the 60's we really only had a few darkroom corrective features, such as parallax correction, vignetting, dodging and burning; and maybe a little Vaseline on a glass filter....just to name a few.

photoshop is heaven sent.. it does makes miracle in photos.. it helps me in coming up with beautiful photo print outs..

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back