Converting RAW to jpeg

I didn't see what you found out, did you determine what the issue was?

I have LR 3 and elements. LR is great for editing the RAW image and has more RAW editing then CS5 RAW, but can not do the image manipulation that elements or CS# can. I use LR for most of my editing - tone/contrast/stauration even converting to B&W and so on then anything needing the extra effort I swing over to elements. partial B&W converting, removing ojects to large for the LR spot healing things like that. for $400 you get the best of both worlds. If you are not doing to much in RAW elements will work fine. it has the basics for RAW editing before converting to JPG.

I think Lightroom 3 is the most useful tool for photographers, It's basically the Adobe Camara Raw capabilities found in PhotoShop CS5, along with digital asset manangement. I find I do almost everything in Lightroom without having to open it in PS CS5.

Ima Jus gonna throw this out there...I am not sure you can compare your images in your first post. The first is a screen shot of an image that is not actual size. It may appear sharper because it is displayed smaller. The second image, if I understand correctly is, was compressed and outputted to a smaller size...am I right? So, I think, the compression may be translating the softness of the larger picture to the smaller. If that makes sense. I could be very, very, wrong. But frankly, I had no issues with Canons software when I used to use it.

For those who don't get what is going on, TPF has deleted/banned a SPAMMER who was digging up old dead 'convert Raw to JPEG' threads to leave their SPAM on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back