Convoi Exceptionel

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last night I had to kill some time and thought why not go find myself a quiet little bridge across the motorway and get some light trails. Imagine my thrill when this truck with oversized loading came past, flashing all its orange warning lights! Thus this one easily became the nicest of my seven light trail pics.

convoiexceptionel.jpg

't was fun!

Do you think it was still too light outside to take this kind of photos?
Do you think the shape of the clouds (rounded) adds to the straightness of the light streaks? Does it matter much that I only THOUGHT I was right in the middle above the motorway but must now realise that I wasn't?

Do you think the shape of the clouds (rounded) adds to the straightness of the light streaks? Does it matter much that I only THOUGHT I was right in the middle above the motorway but must now realise that I wasn't?

Too light out? No way. I like the texture in the sky. It's kind of the best of both worlds, for me. I love the streaky lights at night and a textured cloudy sky. I don't get to see both in one shot very often...so it works very well for me!

IMO ( and its not much) I think a longer exposure would yeild better results.I know you prolly couldnt do that with the daylight left without washing out the sky.All in all its a very nice frame.

This one was a 13 second exposure at f13.
I later tried another one at f22 and 30 seconds.
Would you like to see that one, firemedico? (But I changed position for that one and included the moon in the sky ... and there was no truck with oversized load and flashing orange lights going when I took that one... :( .)

OK, but I'm not sure this one will meet your expectations: kit lens (which I also used for the one above), f22 (smallest possible aperture at widest angle), 30 seconds, with moon, different pov.

autobahnmond.jpg

Had you not asked me, I'd only ever have showed the other, I like the first better than this one.

I like the fact that it's slightly off-center. Nice!

The second shot is nice, but the first one is perfect. (You owe that truck driver a beer, by the way.)

Federico: I'd buy him a beer for passing while I was exposing, if only I knew him :shock: ;) !!! :D I really liked the fact that this exceptionally large truck came past in that very moment! :D

Thanks for commenting, Dinodan, too! :D

Beautiful imagery. I really like both of them. The first is my favorite - the perspective is really dramatic and it has such a sense of speed. I would prefer if the sky was just a bit deeper/richer in the first one (more like the color in the second). Did you try darkening it just a bit, or adding a touch more saturation?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back