cooks forest

cjkriebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few that I snapped over the weekend of the 4th. c & c I really need to learn.
IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2806-1.jpg

3 this one is out of focus
IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

6 Yes i know it has red eye i haven't had time to fix it
IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

I'd like #4 in B&W with some cropping and #6 with different lighting. (#6 is still a good shot imo because it's unique) The others seem oof and that guy in them doesn't look comfortable.

It seems to me that somehow the faces are a little burnt out in some of the pics.
Not one is really sharp where they are supposed to be .
I mean a portait must be sharp on the eyes.
So what I advise you is take the eyes of the person in focus, at the same time the exposure wil be ok (sometimes if I want to be very sure I use spotmetering to get the exposure good on the face)
Keep the release button slightly pushed in so the values are kept, than recompose and only THEN push the shutter all the way.
I do like what you did to the tummy and the hands in number 8.
My 2 cents.
:alien:

I take it "the guy in them" is you? ;) Or is he your brother and you're in the avatar?

Unfortunately, only the first is really in focus (nice blue eyes! :sexywink: ), only nitpick is the tree growing out of your (?) head.
For the others it could be there was too little light for the autofocus to measure right or for you to hold the camera at a longer exposure than you were aware of? They are all slightly blurred. When light became too low and the camera popped up its flash, you got the much dreaded red eyes in your kids.
Where are the little girl's hands (the one who holds the dandelion in an earlier photo) in the "hands on mummy's baby tummy photo"?

the pictures of the guy are my husband. he does have very nice blue eyes.
and i was using auto, just last week was the first time that i started to try to focus myself and i was to afriad to do that on this trip they only happen about once every two years.
I didn't notice the tree growing out of his head until someone said something. i will be more aware next time.
as for the little girl with the dandilion. that is my cute neice and by the time we took the picture of my sisters belly she was beat and grumpy no way was she going to put her hand on it.

I am not real sure about shutter speed and all of the technical stuff that is something i need to learn. I will be practicing on getting the eyes in better focus.

Thank you all so much for the comments and feedback.
I guess I love alot of the pictures because they are my family.

I am shooting with a canon xt so if anyone could give me some advice what setting i should be shooting in that would be great.

Like others said, your focus was off on every single picture except the first- that should be your goal from every shot here on out. Focus for the eyes (the red dot) push the button half way down and hold it there.. then change the camera to where you want to be and push the button down fully after that.

Unfocused pictures are generally considered "tossable" (for clients, not for the family album!) So if your looking to get better, get to know your camera and how to use light to your advantage. And avoid pop up flash at all costs.

Most reactions

Back