Cool Flower, will you help me crop?

darkpbstar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok so I want to print this, but I would like to have the flower in the background cropped out. Well first let me ask what you guys think. Should I keep the flower, or take it out? In a way I like it there in the background, how it is blurred, but then I think the picture would also look good with the single flower. Oh yea, also I do not shoot in RAW yet, but don't worry I will be, especially after having read all the positives, why wouldn't you? But anyway, how do I go about cropping the flower out anyway? I usually just upload to photobucket and touch up on saturation and brightness as needed. thanks

DSC_0017-1.jpg

Adjusted contrast
Edited out randomness to right of flower
Adjusted curves
Cropped
Slight Saturation boost
U like?

Attachments

• $DSC_0017-1.jpg
    $DSC_0017-1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 191
I'd suggest a crop to put the flowers to one side or the other; not keep them centered. I think Jimmy's right, add a little saturation and brighten just a tad as well. The second flower is fine.

Jimmy that saturation adjustment just makes it look to fake to me. Everyone has different taste of course, but I like to keep my pictures as natural as I can. Though I still do PP, don't get me wrong. Here's what I did:

DSC_0017-1.jpg

well I noticed it changed the first picture too, because I saved it under the same name.

It wasnt the saturation boost that gave it that look, it was the curves and contrast adjustment. The saturation just brought up the reds a tad. I like your crop but its obivious you just copied and pasted the part to the left of the flower because there are some green masses (plants?) that you can see. Try using the eye dropper to find a good shade of black then painting that all over that side of the shot.

This may give you an idea of what the photo can look like without the second flower. Cropping it out was no option, of course, I had to try and clone it out. I also took away the bits of masked greenery on the right.

Why all this empty space? It looks good for a card, so you have room to put in some writing. Is that what you're planning to do?

darkpstar_DSC_0017-1_myedit.jpg

Ah, and I upped the highlights in the levels a bit (from 255 to 225) - makest he white be whiter.

AND I moved your thread to the right place, i.e. the Photoshop Challenges, for you are giving us a bit of a challenge here, asking us to help you edit your photo.

that was not what i was trying to do, I just felt the style, that's all. Unfortunately I can see no grass in my shot, so my monitor must be: too crappy, or no bright enough. Thanks for letting me know you can see that, I did want it all blacked out over there.

I change my mind I didn't like my edit >.<

I wouldn't crop it or remove the other flower. This is my edit.

DSC_0017-1edit.jpg

I wouldn't normally had cloned out the second, blurred flower, either, but had read darkpstar's first sentence in his initial post ...

Ok so I want to print this, but I would like to have the flower in the background cropped out.

... and had (maybe mistakenly) thought he'd want help in getting the background flower cropped out (which only works as "cloned out"). This is what the sentence sounded like to me, so I tried to be of help. Easy as that.

My comments were directed at darkpstar, not you. He wanted the second flower removed and then asked if it even should be removed. I personally don't think so, so I was just telling him (her?) my opinion on it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Jimmy O's edit looked good to me.

In your photo the white part of the flower doesn't like as white as it should be. Yours has a slight yellowish tint and his curves layer fixed that.. Just my .02 if you want it printed.

Most reactions

Back