Cool! I think i just got screwed:)

Thanks for the advice guys. I don't know, i think i'm just going to keep it (assuming it works). I have been waiting so long to get it i hate to think of all the hassle i am going to have to deal with returning it. I only paid $100 more than i would have had i bought it from the camera shop near where I live and i got more accesories than they would have given me. I should be getting it today.

When it dose arrive let us know, I'm sure there are plenty of people around who can teach you how to use it to it's fullest. My self not included, I know nothing about the 30D :mrgreen:

As far as I know the equipment will work. The dodgyness arises only from the bait and sell (illegal in my country) strategy where you say oh no you can't use this lens with that camera you need to buy this more expensive lens. Or you buy a kit with a nikon lens and they give you a "better" sigma lens which probably costs them much less.

Some stories I've heard even said that sigma makes lenses for canon and nikon so it's just like going to the wholesaler to get a better product (false). Or the battery for this camera only lasts for around 2 hours (false).

But despite getting screwed out of money typically the products seem to arrive in perfect condition. One thing I would consider doing though is calling Canon and quoting the serial number to find out if it is on a list of known grey market cameras. I know when nikon gets one of these in their service centre they tend to send them back saying we refused to fix it.

But despite getting screwed out of money typically the products seem to arrive in perfect condition. One thing I would consider doing though is calling Canon and quoting the serial number to find out if it is on a list of known grey market cameras. I know when nikon gets one of these in their service centre they tend to send them back saying we refused to fix it.

By grey market cameras, what exactly do you mean? I've got a bootleg Nikon loafing around some where, least I am fairly certain it's bootleg. Truth be told I got a heck of a deal on it. My brother in-law bought it it only cost all of fifty bucks USD and he had no particular use for it.

Well i got my camera yesterday and it seems to be in perfect condition. I spent the entire day either taking pictures with it or holding it affectionatly.

Thankyou again for all the advice. Calling Canon and checking out the serial number is a good idea and I think i will do that.

I have spent most of the day here at work reading the owner's manual when no was looking. I'm not sure if it was a good idea or a bad one, because now all I want to do is get the hell out of here so I can go home and play with my new camera!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back