Cool sb800 mod

Mach0

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Watched this today. I'm not sure if this has been posted here before but it must be pretty well known since I unknowingly purchased an sb800 from KEH that was already modded like this. I just did a similar mod to my sb28 as well. It's a lot nicer to have it go to 270 degrees vs 180 degrees.

http://fstoppers.com/make-your-sb-800-better-in-under-10-minutes

That's nice. I've seen people talk about just twisting the thing till it snaps but this is a little less alarming. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

That's nice. I've seen people talk about just twisting the thing till it snaps but this is a little less alarming. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Ha yes. I did the same to my sb28. There's a flat raised part inside just near where the head rotates. Take a dremel and grind half of it down flat and now the sb28 does the same. Now I love it that much more lol.

That mod works fine as long as you remember which way to turn the flash head back to the normal position so the wiring doesn't get all twisted up until they get ripped out.

That's why Nikon put the stop there in the first place.

That mod works fine as long as you remember which way to turn the flash head back to the normal position so the wiring doesn't get all twisted up until they get ripped out. That's why Nikon put the stop there in the first place.

Do you mean after completing the mod or during use? If you mean during using it- mine works and doesn't go past 270 degrees.

The site"s down again so I haven't seen the mod,but does it let the head turn a full(or nearly) 360 degrees?

The site"s down again so I haven't seen the mod,but does it let the head turn a full(or nearly) 360 degrees?

270 degrees ( mine does at least and does stop

Most reactions

Back