julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

Ok, so I took this photo with a little powershot at the top of a mountain while skiing. I'm not a good enough photographer OR skiier for that matter, to carry my SLR up there!

Anyway, what's your opinion about the colored trail signs? Do they hinder the shot and take away from it's quiet peacefulness or do the different colors of it add something creative?

Feel free to edit it to make it better.

Thank you!
*also, as a subscriber, how do I attach a photo NOT as a thumbnail, but to embed it into the body of the text (without third parties)

Attachments

• $IMG_0026.JPG
    $IMG_0026.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 196
Decent picture. I personally think the signs detract from the picture; they spoil it's tone. If you moved about 5 meters to the right, the picture would be much better, removing the signs and showing the hills in the distant background.

EDIT - Feel confident about your photography. I checked out your site and the people pictures in your gallery are much better than what I can make. I guess New Yorkers see too many people and not enough nature.

I think you could go either way with this, it all depends on what you want the photo to be. The signs add information to the photo. Because of the signs I know that this is a ski slope in Stratton VT., and not just someones backyard on a snowy day.

If you just want the photo to be a snowy winter scene, then get rid of the signs. Either way I would definitely get rid of the empty rectangular frame (maybe from an old sign).

I think you did a good job on your edit.

hey glen, i just looked at the photo again, how'd you know it was Stratton, you southerner?

Wel ma'am, us suthern enjuneers no how ta figur these thangs out, ya' see,:wink:.

Well actually, you are going to love this, I saw the one sign said "Upper Wanderer", so I Googled Upper Wanderer which brought me to this....

Maybe I should have been a "detektiv", huh, whatcha think, :raisedbrow:? I could use my picture taker (camera) to "detekt" stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY GOD. First of all, you have me cracking up at your spelling. So funny!! And even funnier, when I was reading it (out loud by the way) I was absolutely saying your words like a real southern unedumacated person. Cracking myself up.
And how very detective-like you are....!
Maybe you can actually tell me the height of the mountain that Upper Wanderer is on?!?!?!

You are very creative Mister.

Most reactions

Back