Cop Busted

Wow...that A-hole cop should have been fired, not "counseled".

My favorite video along these lines is the lawyer pulled over and she remained silent.

Once they arrested her, they informed her she had the right to remain silent.

Wow...once seen on video, the police behavior is even more deplorable and pathetic. Cops like those are what give police a bad name.

Extremely poor training. Granted, police have a difficult job to do but not knowing basic laws is clearly on the department.

Just because they wear a badge doesn't put them above the law they are sworn to uphold. Of course they don't want to be filmed, because their story can't be made to match the circumstance. In their defense though, I've ridden with a few on patrol. One thing that sets off bells, whistles and giant red flags is if the individual is when the subject is very nervous acting, as the driver of this vehicle was. If you're stopped, sit still, don't be jumping around looking everywhere, opening compartments, etc..

My favorite video along these lines is the lawyer pulled over and she remained silent.
Like the guy that posted the video said, up front - like I learned back in the 60's - the woman should have said something like: "Officer, with all due respect to you, I'm going to exercise my right to remain silent and not answer any questions you may ask me I don't think would be in my best interests to answer."

Also. After getting permission to get out of, or am asked to get out of my car, I lock it, removing my immediate access to the interior of my car.
Now the LEOs can't search my car without my permission by using the excuse of a 'search for weapons'.

One last note. If I get pulled over, a traffic stop, I put both hands together at the top on the steering wheel and ask the LEO for permission to move my hands to get my license/registration/insurance. I also tell the LEO where my hands are going to go - before I move my hands.
If I get pulled over at night - I turn on the interior light so the officer can better see the inside of the car.

All of the above is to make it safer for the LEO and myself.
Most LEOs will appreciate our being that thoughtful.

giant red flags is if the individual is when the subject is very nervous acting
How do you know the driver was acting nervous before she was instructed to get out of the car?

The irony is that the LEO didn't glom to the absurdity of the arrest in light of the Miranda Statement, there by proving he had no intention of honoring the drivers constitutional rights.

How do you know the driver was acting nervous before she was instructed to get out of the car

Talking about the first one, the guy that claimed he was an attorney, and filming himself.

The guy **is** an attorney. Did you not see the part of the video where the half-decently-trained officer asks him what room he works in at the courthouse, and he listed off the two rooms he most frequently works in at said courthouse?

...........After getting permission to get out of, or am asked to get out of my car, I lock it, removing my immediate access to the interior of my car..............

One does not 'get permission' to get out of your car. One is ordered to stay in or get out. Those are the only two options you will be given.

But if you really want to get gutsy, as soon as you see you're getting pulled over, roll up all the windows. When your car comes to a stop, get out, toss your keys on to the dash, lock the doors and shut it. This forces the police to get a search warrant to enter it.

As a side note: whether one is or isn't a lawyer is not relevant. US laws are public record and open to anyone who cares to read them. Once does not need to be a lawyer (or a sworn peace officer for that matter) to know the laws.

Ever hear the phrase "Ignorance of the law is no excuse"? This phrase has two ironies. One, LEOs love to shove it down the throats of those we are ignorant of the laws, yet seem to think you're supposed to be ignorant, the better their chances of putting a notch in their gun handle.

The second irony is the phrase originated in a 1917 legal case concerning disbarring a practicing lawyer (re McCowan 1917 ,177 C. 93, 170 P. 1100). The original court ruling wording is: "Of course, ignorance of the law does not excuse misconduct in anyone, least of all in a sworn officer of the law."

Last edited:
...One does not 'get permission' to get out of your car. One is ordered to stay in or get out. Those are the only two options you will be given.
WTF? It's MY car. Unless I am under arrest, I will get out or remain in as I choose.

...One does not 'get permission' to get out of your car. One is ordered to stay in or get out. Those are the only two options you will be given.
WTF? It's MY car. Unless I am under arrest, I will get out or remain in as I choose.

Let us know when you bleed out or just get tazed after making your choice.

Except he lives in Canada... Very different police mentality there. You get out of your car here in Chicago, you will probably be hurt in some form.

Most reactions

Back