Copenhagen Sunrise

ChristopherGrant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.projectgrant.com
Good morning all from Denmark...

Still not sure about this shot. Something seems wrong with it, but on the other hand, something seems very right about it. Perhaps some thoughts from you all? As always, be brutal!

CopenhagenSunrise.jpg

More images at: http://www.projectgrant.com/Christopher

Thanks for the help!

I deffinately get the conflict you are talking about. I think there is just too much vertical space. When I crop the top 1/4 I think my eyes come to rest in between the two brilliant colors and then slide to the vertical column thingy. Just my 2cents

I like it just as it is, but croping the top off to square the shot would likely be good too

I would say crop it at the top also. But the problem i have with the shot is the lack of detail in the foreground, its not that dramatic of a sillouette. The sky looks amazing though.

Thanks for the great input!

I did try cropping the image from the top and in all cases it did improve the composition for the image, thanks! As for the sky, of course it is a bit 'crunched' for the internet but I must say the original image at over 5megs was quite nice!

As for the towers, their a part of Tivoli which is a large amusement park in the center of Copenhagen. I believe the fact that they seemed to 'touch' the darker clouds right above them might've hurt the image. If those dark clouds had been a little higher up or I'd gotten a slightly different perspective, the whole image might've come together better.

As for the forground being without detail, mmm, on this point I'd have to disagree that it hurts the image but I do appreciate your POV! I'll keep it in mind next time I take the shot!

Thanks all!
Christopher

Actually Christopher, I think the towers are what give the shot their detail.
I love the design on them.
Sky is gorgeous :sillysmi:

Most reactions

Back