Copperhead??

Evertking

How do I turn this thing on?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure what kind of snake this is, but I'm pretty sure it's a copperhead, not sure.
My children were playing right next to it and never seen it.
_MG_2669-web1463x2048U100.jpg

If anyone knows what kind of snake this is, I would love to know.

Looks like copperhead.
My daughter was sooo close to it. I got lucky and seen it or she would have reached over to pick the flowers.

Not sure what kind of snake this is, but I'm pretty sure it's a copperhead, not sure.
My children were playing right next to it and never seen it.View attachment 193227
If anyone knows what kind of snake this is, I would love to know.

Not a Copperhead. Copperheads are pit vipers with a more triangular head and pits just in front of the eyes. This is something like a king snake -- harmless fortunately.

Joe

Nice pic, lovely looking snake but it doesn't appear to be a copperhead, the markings and coloring are wrong for one also. As mentioned, could be a king snake or perhaps a corn snake.
All about copperheads

The angle of the shot makes the head look rectangular, but looking at the rear jaw line, it looks like the back of the head is in fact wider and the spotting pattern is close.

Having been around rattlers all my life the shot is great!, but concerns me that it could be a CH.

The angle of the shot makes the head look rectangular, but looking at the rear jaw line, it looks like the back of the head is in fact wider and the spotting pattern is close.

Having been around rattlers all my life the shot is great!, but concerns me that it could be a CH.

It doesn't have the hour glass-shaped stripes or pits. Here's a close up pic of a copperhead.
maxresdefault.jpg

Whatever it is... it's a nice image. I like the shot.

It;s not a copperhead. Chicken/rat/corn snake.

Most reactions

Back