Copy Proofing images

juju

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

can anyone tell me the best way of showing a quantity of images to a customer without leaving them with the means to get pictures printed themselves without me knowing. i know its deceiving on their behalf but i trusted someone once and got burned and dont want it to happen again.

Give them small copies. Like 512 or 640 pixels wide. They have no chance in heck even producing a 6x4 print off that, and they look shoddy enough on the screen. Compress them a bit too to give it some artefacts.

Are you giving them prints or files? If it's files, then yes, there is no reason to give them anything bigger than 500 or 600 pixels.

Also, whether it's prints or files, you could add a watermark to the images. Basically it can be a logo or text of some sort that goes onto the image. It doesn't have to be big bold text, it can be almost transparent...just enough so that they wouldn't want to copy or print it.

id rather do the watermark option as i wouldnt want to lose any visible quality as im trying to sell the images. is there a way of batch watermarking or would i have to do that individually

There are a few programs that will do it automatically (batch)...I'm not sure which though. In photoshop, you can create a custom brush with any shape/logo/text and then use that brush in an 'action' to run it on a batch of images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back