Copy protection for files??

AlleyCat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is there any way to have an external flash disc copy-protected? It should allow files to be read not copied. A pro photog asked me to bring my digital portfolio so he can check & give me some feedback on the photos & retouching. Since he's a pro and all I thought okay I'd appreciate some feedback. He asked for full res files, and i don't want him to steal those from me..

Thanks!

The problem is that to view they will have to be opened into say APElements from there they cane simply be saved, just make a spare set and watermark

If you don't trust him... why are you taking your shots to him for critique? And if he is a PRO, why would he want to steal your shots? :)

Last edited:
If you don't trust him... why are you taking your shots to hiim for critique? And if he is a PRO, why would he want to steal your shots? :)

Well, firstly, i would appreciate some comments. Secondly, you can never be careful enough. Just because a businessman is rich doesn't mean he won't rip off other people. God knows what he's gonna do with all that money, probably just throw it out the window in a club, but still.

Make full-rez copies in a new file folder, and run them through a batch watermark process.

It should allow files to be read not copied.

This is the fundamental problem with all copy protection schemes. It's like putting your money into a giant bank vault, giving someone the key so they can look inside and saying please don't take it.

If they need to read / decode your data you need to provide them the ability to do that. Once they have that ability what they do with the data is entirely up to them. Its the reason every copy protection scheme in existence has failed. Even Sony spent millions of dollars developing BD+ which hasn't stopped any BluRay from being copied and put on the internet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back