copyright again

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
some of you know that I was an official photographer on a classical music concert on Saturday. But I was there only because I promised the organizers that they will be given some photos taken by me. We agreed that they will get small versions that will allow them to make prints (4x6 or 10cmx15cm) so it is resolution of 1205x1795 at 300dpi. But should I add a small watermark in a corner for example: fot. my name and surname. ?? or should I add my own frame around it with my sig? we agreed that they will use those pic on their website (with my signiature below every photo) and in their portfolio (but 1 pic there only, signed with my name). the photos on a cd, that I am going to give them will be only as a "memories" for organizers.

so... with watermark or without? with frame or without? hmm?

btw. they already asked me if I like to shoot the next concert but then they will pay me. even without payment it is a great promotion for me.

I like the watermark idea, as it is very difficult to Photoshop something like that out of it. If you frame the pictures with your signature in the corner, that can be easily removed.

Of course, I don't mean to imply that they would steal your photos, but better safe than sorry ;).

Ask them if they mind a small unobtrusive watermark. If they say "no" then you're laughing, add a sig in the corner. If they say "yes" then don't, but be clear on what usage you're happy with - what if they turn up on posters, leaflets, websites etc without credit? Agree usage, get it in writing and everyone will be happy.

Rob

I would have them sign an agreement clarifying usage (do they have the right to use the photos in brochures, printed publications, etc? Do you want photo credit at the bottom?- yes).

A link from the site to yours would be proper credit to be included instead of a watermark, which sometimes can look really tacky. I would work with these people and provide them with something as nice and classy as possible. Talk to them about it if possible. Let them know you want to give them the very best you have.

I have to agree with Abraxas about not using a watermark at all if you can. If I see a website using a picture with a watermark, I automatically think that they didn't have permission to use it and since you are giving them permission to use it don't ugly it up with a watermark. If you have to attach you name on the image, I'd rather see it with a border and your name on the border instead of on the actual image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back