Copyright laws with phot labs

MarcusM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is in response to one of 7colors' replies on a different thread (http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93705) as I didn't want to hijack the thread since I'm assuming this will generate a few responses -

Thanks a lot for your input. I am very happy to know that Millers is not like http://www.fullcolor.com/ where anything that you upload to their site, become their sole-property automatically. I think that's a very unprofessional move. So thanks again guys.!
:)

marcusm's reply - Is that true? I just went to their website and I'm assuming this is what you're referring to:

"Disclosure and Use of Your Communications

Electronic mail delivered to Full Color is not confidential and Full Color shall not be liable for any use or disclosure thereof. Any communications or other materials (including, without limitation, unsolicited ideas, suggestions or materials) sent to Full Color by electronic mail are, and shall remain, the sole and exclusive property of Full Color and may be used by Full Color for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation."

Does that really override copyright laws on one's own photos? That seems ludicrous to me that they could be allowed to do that. So if that's true, that makes me cautious about taking my prints anywhere. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with this? This makes me nervous now about bringing in my prints anywhere.

Sounds like something they put in, just to cover their @ss. I really don't think they put that in so that they can steal people's images.

"(including, without limitation, unsolicited ideas, suggestions or materials)"

I think what this is really meant to communicate has only to do with e mail communications, and the word "unsolicited" is implied regarding the words "suggestions" and "materials."

It has nothing to do with copyright ownership of files you send to them to be printed.

Most reactions

Back