Copyright Release?

sarisotta_21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need to know what all I need to put on a copyright release for a disc? It's just for my mother, I normally don't sell discs but it's just easier to send my mom a disc.... :) thanks!

I suspect you mean a print-release don't you, as in "It's okay for <Name> to print these images"? I include a simple text-file on the disc which states, "All images on this disc copyright, John's Photography, <date>. <Name(s) is/are granted unrestricted printing rights in perpetuity." There is some other stuff which relates to printing and editing, but that's not normally something I would include on a disc to family, this is simply so that if the counter-clerk at Wal-mart gets concerned, they know the person has the right to print the images.

Also, you can simply hand write a note stating that you are the original artist and you authorize "whoever" to have prints made, with your printed name, address, phone, and signature. That is enough for most print lab employees in my experience.

Anything that keeps the print lab off the copyright infringement hook.

I too added a PDF text file (use license/print release) to any disc of images I sold.

Print Release - Use License

All images © 2012 {name or studio here}, All Rights Reserved. This Use License shall be governed by the laws of the State of _________.

I, [name or studio here], as copyright owner of these images, grant a lifetime, personal, non-commercial use license to ____________________and their immediate family to print or have printed (no larger than (whatever size, if any)) reproductions of these images for display in their home and workplace only.

Online Use
{name or studio here} has provided web sized and watermarked images for exclusive use on social networking web sites that are not owned by ____________________ and their immediate family. No other online use is granted. Removal of the watermark from these web sized images, or any other violation of any of the other terms, will constitute a breach of this entire Print Release – Use License, rendering it null and void in its entirety.

Copyright Information
Please remember that because these images are protected by Federal Copyright laws they may not be altered, copied, transmitted or used in any way not stipulated above without prior written consent of the copyright owner, {name or studio here}.
These images may not be entered in any photography or other competition or contest without the expressed written consent of [name or studio here]. Commercial use of the images is prohibited.
No waiver by either party of any of the terms or conditions of this license shall be deemed or construed to be a waiver of such term or condition for the future, or of any subsequent breach thereof. Waivers are only applicable when they are written. There will be no verbal waivers to this agreement.

The Photographer hereby warrants that he (or she) is the sole creator of these images and owns all rights granted by law.

[Name or studio here]
Address:
City, State:
Phone:
Email:
Authorized Signature:

Most reactions

Back