Cord?

droyz2000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am going to be taking family portraits for a function at my college in the near future. I was informed that the families are going to want digital copies as soon as their shoots are done (or that is what they were promised by the people who set this event up). I was wondering if there is some way to connect my camera to my computer so that my pictures download automatically as I take them, so that I could cut my down time. I thought that I had seen a type of cord connector before somewhere, but I could be mistaken. I have a D200. Any help would be great. Thank you.

I know that there's a wi-fi adapter you can put on a D2h/x, but i'm not sure if it works with the D200.

You can use a USB cable and Nikon's software to shoot tethered. I've done it using my Canon and they're similar software.
:thumbup:

If I shoot tethered does that mean that as I take the pictures they will download onto my computer automatically? Sorry, I have never done this and neither have any of my professors.

I don't know for sure if your D200 can do this, but you might be able to get a small dyesub printer, and print directly from the camera. You would have to shoot jpg however, and nail the exposures.

Thankfully the families were not promised prints on site, only digital copies. Thank you for your help.

Wow, I personally would rather print on site. That sounds like a haslle buring CD's for each family.

I specialize in shoot and print on site photography and I am done with each set in under 2 minutes normally.

I do not have a printer or access to one, to print right there.

I didn't either till I went and bought a Sony DPP-FP50. Best investment I ever made. That printer in one single event paid for ever peice of equipment I had bought up to that point. It has also since made enough maney that it has kept me even for all my purchases thus far.

The key is I am not getting paid to do this, I am doing it for free so that I can get some good shots for my portfolio. I mean I might get a little money such as $50 but nothing that would cover a printer.

Either set the D200 in PTP USB mode and connect the USB cable. Nikon Camer Control can download the images automatically, but cords are very limiting and wifi is very expensive.

Consider just getting 2 compact flash cards and a card reader. That is what I did at the wedding where I took just over 1000 photos. One card in the camera, the other in the laptop. Every time a card is full swap click a few buttons to start the copy and rush back into the action.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back