Cormorant in flight panning

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had my shutter at 1/160 when some cormorants flew by so I tried to pan with them. Not "Wildlife photography" sharp ( and I sharpened the heck out of it) but the panned water looks cool I think.
Thanks for looking

bifpan.jpg

Decent shot for that s.s. Here's a tip, since I'm always birding I try to keep mine in a setting for capturing bif so I'm not caught off guard and if I come across a bird sitting still I usually have time to change the settings before I move in close for a good shot.

Thanks Kirk. I was in the middle of doing a landscape pano with the 150-600. I usually keep ready for bif like you said. I've tried panning many different subjects but birds is a real challenge.

Thanks Kirk. I was in the middle of doing a landscape pano with the 150-600. I usually keep ready for bif like you said. I've tried panning many different subjects but birds is a real challenge.
I hear ya, some birds are deceptively fast. They can be flying toward and not appear to be going real fast but the moment they get close and are passing by they can be a blur. Sometimes I just shake my head and laugh because it's no use trying to keep up with them.

Panning is a good skill to put into the toolbox. Getting it down can get some really nice shots.

Most reactions

Back