Corn field

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
I'm open to critique on anything on this shot, however I'm specifically interested if the shot gives the concept of autumn, and also some opinions on colors and saturation.

Autumn_by_darin3200.jpg

Thanks

Since there isn't a whole lot of color in the shot it doesn't immediately say "autumn" to me. The only color we really see is some blue in the sky. I supposed the mature corn field may speak of autumn and harvest time.

Other than that, I think this is an interesting silhouette shot that speaks of farming and agriculture.

I like it but it doesnt say autumn to me either.
btw did you get that saturation by post editing or underexposing?

Too much uneventful sky, not enough corn.

The saturation level look fine to me, but it does seem to a little neutral to de-saturated on my dark monitor at work. Also it does not say autumn to me but I don’t know corn. I like the sky but also would like to see more of the corn maybe 1/5 off the top and added to the bottom would be nice

Yeah I agree with the last two posts.... I like the shot but I think it could be significantly better if the corn took up 2/3 of the shot (if it's a dull sky) or 1/3 of the shot (if it's a dramatic sky) where it seems like the corn is barely present.

I do sometimes like shots where the subject is below that bottom 1/3 line but I think those shots REALLY need a dramatic sky and you still need to be able to tell what the subject is. I could've guessed corn from this but it's not 100% clear.

It's a nice shot but i would have taken a bit more '' wheat '' and kept the horizon at a 1/3 level indeed. And brigning up you ISO speed and exposition would have made it a bit sharper too. Buy taking it a bit higher off the ground you would have caught more sun/light and it could have been a hole diffrent set up.

But nice shot.

Most reactions

Back