Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

clemeys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Well, after a few weeks of browsing and browsing and browsing 'til my eyes hurt, I paid the $25 and here's my first pic post.

I can't decide which of the four I like best... ur thoughts? Any suggestions or editing is welcome. I resized these shots to 600x800 pixels...is that a good size? Too big too small for posting here? I just got my 350d last month so am a complete noob to digital, and don't know squat about posting online. That's part of why I paid the $25...didn't wanna deal w/ photo bucket or some other site that I'd have to learn too...lol.

Lookin fwd to postin' more tomorrow! Thanks for looking and any comments etc.

JC

PS I can't figure out how to # the pics. Any suggestions would be great!

Attachments

• $Img_1085.jpg
    $Img_1085.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 115
  • $Img_1089.jpg
    $Img_1089.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 110
  • $Img_1090.jpg
    $Img_1090.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 117
  • $Img_1093.jpg
    $Img_1093.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 110
Ok, so how do I get the photos to show up large inside the post rather than thumbnail?

They become large for everyone here by double-clicking on them. So no problem.
And from what little I could see (I have so far only clicked on the first), they are good. I will give all for of them a closer look and then vote, ok? :)
By the way, welcome to the Forum!

I definately like #3 the best. Anytime you have a pretty sunset if you don't have a main subject it stays just that - just another pretty sunset. Number 3 actually has a subject and that's what makes it better than the others.

You might want to consider using a tripod or even just setting the camera on a stable surface to get clearer photos. If your originals are still clear than it's a product of resizing them. Usually you'll want to sharpen your photos after you resize them. This is because the simple act of resizing will make your photos soft and seem out of focus.

800 x whatever is the size I use for my photos, it's a great size since it allows for good detail and even if someone tried to steal your photos, they couldn't do much with them.

Welcome to the forum!

for me numbers 1 and 3 are the best! and the size is ok for me, the pictures loaded really fast here! welcome to the board!!!

jadin said:
You might want to consider using a tripod or even just setting the camera on a stable surface to get clearer photos. If your originals are still clear than it's a product of resizing them. Usually you'll want to sharpen your photos after you resize them. This is because the simple act of resizing will make your photos soft and seem out of focus.

Thanks for the tip....the originals are clear....how do I resharpen after I resize? I resize them as I export them using the software canon provided w/ the 350d. I have photoshop cs, but not a clue how to use it....yet.

Thank you guys for the welcome and for viewing!:wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back