Corporate Headshot

NiKonNoob86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, wife needed a new linkedin profile pic so I took a few headshots. Let me know what you guys think and what I can do to make them better for next time. Thanks appreciate the feedback!

I personally like the first one but my wife likes the second one.

I think the first is much more flattering. Her face and neck appear much wider in the second one, even though she's clearly very slim. She's beautiful!

Thanks cherylynne1! tirediron she is in real estate.

Okay, bin 'em both. For an estate agent, the most important thing is to show a sense of trust and reliability. To do this, the viewer must be on the same level as she is. The second is right out because the camera angle is low causing her to lok down on the viewer which places them in an inferior position.

The top one is closer, but she's still slightly above the viewer. Raise your camera angle ever so slightly and pose her so that her eyes are closer to level; not level but closer. Also bring her chin down a bit, and bring the key light around to the right just a bit to avoid that hard shadow caused by her hair. I would also bring the light in a bit closer and drop the power to reduce the specularity. It might be worth dropping your fill by 1/3-1/2 stop just to get some shadow, but that's something to experiment with.

You're already head & shoulders above most social media profile shots, but why not go the extra mile?

I think both have too much sheen under her right eye...that needs to be addressed. Her HAIR also has very dark,dark areas, where there ought to be detail visible. Shot one has this quite a bit, and shot two has crushed blacks very badly. The contrast on these is too high.

Another thing too--Linkedin profile shots need to be evaluated as thumbnail sized images...because they are seen teeny-tiny.

The bigger problem though than the technical is the aesthetic problem: she does not look friendly or engaging...her emotional expressions are just not sending the right 'vibe'. She looks attractive, but her facial and lip/mouth expressions are just not right.

...Another thing too--Linkedin profile shots need to be evaluated as thumbnail sized images...because they are seen teeny-tiny.

The bigger problem though than the technical is the aesthetic problem: she doe not look friendly or engaging...her emotional expressions are just not sending the right 'vibe'.
This!

Thanks for the feedback guys! So less contrast with the dark, shoot slightly above eye level and get the right emotional expressions. Ill give it a try!

Also, for her line of work; don't tilt her head. The eyes should be level, and nearly straight on to the camera.

#1 has too much space above her head, and #2 is good for hair and fashion, but her camisole is completely not in the frame. With an open jacket, crop a bit higher there. We're not selling chest here.

Most reactions

Back