corrupt SD card!! help!!

cheers everyone... im home from work now going through the pictures... sorting them into folders.

folder one for keeping
folder 2 for sending to the printing service
folder 3 for pictures printing larger ;)

PS

obviously these cards where originally formatted in a Canon camera, is there a way i could low level format them, then format them Nikon style, and IF i did would this solve the corruption problem? or are they just bad cards full stop?

I don't know on a PC, but you could do it (low level format them) on a Mac with Disk Utility.

Hi RDUK, while they are in your reader and connected to your PC, first check if they are in fat or fat32 (I'm thinking fat32) and then try a security wipe where everything is all 1s or 0s, a low level format might also work. You could look with an fdisk utility to see how it's put together but I would try formating in camera after this and if that doesn't work then try on your PC.

good luck

mike

It might have been a formatting problem, but do you really want to tempt fate twice. You got lucky getting the images back this time. I would bin them.

i agree peniole

but i was going to take a load of nonsense pictures to test them... it might just be a case of wrong format... in which case, i could be throwing away totally good cards!

if not... then jump up and down on them in anger.... then bin em :)

Anger is good...

i am glad you got your photos back. in the future, i would suggest format your cards when you first get them and after every batch download. you will have much less headache in the future.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back