Corrupted jpeg files

campbellphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right place to post but in 7 years I've never had this happen. Started going through wedding photos last night from a wedding 3 weeks ago and in the middle of the files at the ceremony there are 126 jpg files that will not let me view them they say corrupt or not the right file extension. The photos from the reception are there with no issues and everything before the ceremony is fine. I've tried a few programs to fix the jpg files with no luck going to try recovering the camera memory card however it's been used at 2 weddings and several senior sessions since so I'm betting there will be no luck recovering anything from that wedding on it. Any advice will be helpful thanks.
Shooting with a Nikon D300s on a SanDisk Extreme Pro 16gb card

Graphic Converter for Macintosh (from Lemke Software) will usually open corrupted files and let you see the still-readable parts...one of very few appas I have found that can open corrupted files. Might be worth trying that application. Worth trying SanDisk's recovery application on the media card--you MIGHT be able to get something usable. Best of luck on this nerve-wracking task.

Most reactions

Back