Corry's mushy happy pick-me-up thread!!!

Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...yeah yeah, I know...I've made a mush thread or two in my time. But...but..sometimes I just get so happy, and I want EVERYONE ELSE TO BE THIS HAPPY TOOO!!!!!

What makes me happy is realizing all of the great things I have in my life. Sometimes you tend to get lost in the day to day, and forget about how great you really have it....then something happens to wake you up and make you remember, and suddenly it once again seems that all is right with the world.

So...sit a while...think...what are the greatest things about your life???

Here's my list for now:

1) My friends. I've heard people say that you are a very lucky person if you have more than 2 or 3 true, close friends. Well, not only do I have a LOT of great friends...they are THE BEST PEOPLE to have ever graced this earth. And I want my friends to know...I will NEVER take my friendships with you for granted.

2) My job. I grew up not having a great childhood...even way back then, I knew I wanted to help other children in my situation lead better lives. And for five years now I've worked at a domestic violence shelter as a children's advocate, running a childrens group once a week. And over the past five years, it has never mattered what is going on in my life, or how sad, upset, or depressed I am at the time...during that 4 hours every Thursday night, it all disappears. I've never once been able to remain sad after seeing the beautiful faces of my group kids. How can my life ever be bad, as long as they are in it?

That'll be it for now. I want to hear what makes YOUR lives good. :)

Awesome Thread Cor, so what happend to awaken this feeling today?

This is a no brainer...good thing too, since I don't have one to begin with..hmm maybe that should be on my list of greatfull things :p

1) My husband: I don't think I could find a single person on this planet that I respect and love more then him. Plus anyone who can put up with me for 11 years needs his own national holiday or purple heart or something.

2) My son: Even though it's a few months before I see him I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him and get to know the person he is going to be.

3) My Friends: Just like my husband they need their own holiday dealing with me all the time :mrgreen: . They add that little extra spice in life that I couldn't live with out.

I can go on forever with so many things that just make my life complete but I think I will spare everyone the read time :p

LilCujo said:
Awesome Thread Cor, so what happend to awaken this feeling today?

This is a no brainer...good thing too, since I don't have one to begin with..hmm maybe that should be on my list of greatfull things :p

1) My husband: I don't think I could find a single person on this planet that I respect and love more then him. Plus anyone who can put up with me for 11 years needs his own national holiday or purple heart or something.

2) My son: Even though it's a few months before I see him I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him and get to know the person he is going to be.

3) My Friends: Just like my husband they need their own holiday dealing with me all the time :mrgreen: . They add that little extra spice in life that I couldn't live with out.

I can go on forever with so many things that just make my life complete but I think I will spare everyone the read time :p

:goodvibe: :goodvibe: :goodvibe: :goodvibe:

I would, but I'm way to tired to think of anything but sleep.

I'm going to watch X-Men tonight though. That's a good thing...

core_17 said:
That'll be it for now. I want to hear what makes YOUR lives good. :)

1) Got fired yesterday but it was mutual, with no bad blood, and actually a huge relief. But that doesn't stop the "I got fired" depression funk you feel afterwards. I think that's what happens anyway, as I've never been fired before. But chin up though as I already have an interview set-up for Tuesday morning so now I can atleast go into a nice 3-day weekend knowing I've already got things moving ahead.

2) Instead of ranting about the woes of life or picking on stoopid people as I'm best known for around here sometimes, I'm instead going to devote this space to a happy, warm and fuzzy kinda person: Our one and only TPF regular.........drumroll please............Corey!

There are lots of really nice people on this board but none so constantly vocal about everything as she. When I look at that 12,000+ post count she has, I think of how much of that is composed of positive words of encouragement, positive outlooks, and just plain good'ol fashion kindness towards other people.

Granted, we all have our bad days, but for me, Corey has always stood out as someone who has always strived to look at the positive side of everything and march forward in life with a smile on her face.

It's something I have appreciated as of late during my current down time and I just wanted to say Thank You. I've listened to your 'mushy' ramblings now for a few years. And although most responses are based around the 'puke' emoticon you have never ceased in continuing to post positive threads and/or responses. So here's a little positive sunshine your way my dear, a little pat on the back, a little "mushiness" from one of the more grouchy people on this forum. Today YOU helped ME feel a little better about the world.

Michael............and now back to our regularly scheduled rantings and ravings of a lunatic armed with a camera

I'm not really one for the top ten or greatest of anything, so here's a random story which hopefully will put a smile on your face:

There's a section of my drive to work which involves a dual carriageway merging into a single lane with no armco. Also, the speed limit drops from 70mph to 40mph at the same time. Additionally, the council changes at the same time from Kent to London and the road goes from baby smooth to potholed negative-camber nastiness. I normally blat it down the smooth straight and relax well in advance for the change of limit and conditions - hazard perception 101 huh?

Anyways, there's a FOOL behind me in some P.O.S. Fiat Punto with tinted windows, blaring stereo etc. As I've left him for dead on the straight, he sees my cautious driving and decides to make a suicidal run for the eight feet of remaining dual-carriageway in order to overtake me and prove what a big willy he has.

Needless to say, I have to really slam on the anchors, very very hard - it's dry, but I still manage a couple of puffs of blue from the rears. I was very pleased with myself... as I didn't (hit him, or) get cross, thinking to myself.... karma will get you, little boy.

Karma got him in the form of four rapid response motorbikes, two volvo T5 estates and a transit van all liveried courtesy of Her Majesty's Metropolitan Police force, who were waiting in the next layby for such incidents of bad driving. I smiled all the way home. He damn nearly stacked it into the arresting office too.... can't have helped much.

So, I guess the lesson here is don't drive a car like this:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2133661

Or maybe it was that it's comforting knowing that every fool you come across will one day be given a damn good seeing to.

Rob

Lets see:

My husband: No matter how bad things are he just knows how to make them better. He knows when I want to talk, he knows how to make me smile and his love is never in question because he tells me, and shows me all the time how much he cares.

My children: I have learned so much from them already, I can only imagine what the rest of thier lives will have to show me. They are a constant reminder to slow down and enjoy life.

My friends: Friends so special that I arrived home yesterday to a box at my front door. In it were happy face cookies because they thought it might bring a smile to my face. It brought happy tears instead ;) Friends who are there when my family can't be, friends who just love me for me. I am blessed.

My health: Something that is often taken for granted until you lose it. I am thankful every day to wake up and be healthy.

My job: Challenging and rewarding. I am lucky to have a job that is very flexible to allow me a good work/life balance. I have a great manager and wonderful co-workers, I couldn't ask for more.

:love:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back