Corvette..+..Wide Angle..+.. HDR

z06-jim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my new 'Sigma 12-24' wide angle lens and decided to test it out using my vette for the subject.
I kind of like the distorted perspective it gives you on low angle shots for some applications...
Canon 5D II & processed in HDR.... C&C welcome....:cheers:

487263259_6rVYN-L.jpg

487263607_TWDPr-L.jpg

487263430_XPZxA-L.jpg

haha

Not my style, generally, but pretty slick. Good use of HDR if there ever was one. That 'vette is totally over the top. What better than to HDR it?

I like the second one the best, btw.

EDIT: Oh, also... on that last one. If you were going to dead-center it like that, I Think you would want to get the angle more directly behind the car. Having it being dead-center but slightly off angle looks a bit like a mistake to me. Also... you coul dhave done something REALLY cool with that reflection in the bumper if you had focused on it more directly and made it more noticable in the shot.

I like two and three but the angle of number one looks like someone had a cardboard cut out of the car and it is tipping backwards. The lighting and use of HDR however for all three are awesome.

#2 rocks, nice work!

I'm strongly drawn to #3. Even being someone not fond of car photography, I really dig the sense of power that this one conveys. The sky is sensational and – in my opinion – makes the photo. (I sense that the positioning of the car related to the sky is not capricious.) Another strong point is that the effect of the HDR processing is not exaggerated. My suggestion for this image: try to clone out the shadows at the bottom centre and left (those created by elements extraneous to the subject/framing). I would have loved to see the car shot from a slightly lower angle, to show the tire tread in all its glory. Still, a keeper. Well done.

haha
Not my style, generally, but pretty slick. Good use of HDR if there ever was one. That 'vette is totally over the top. What better than to HDR it?
I like the second one the best, btw.
EDIT: Oh, also... on that last one. If you were going to dead-center it like that, I Think you would want to get the angle more directly behind the car. Having it being dead-center but slightly off angle looks a bit like a mistake to me. Also... you coul dhave done something REALLY cool with that reflection in the bumper if you had focused on it more directly and made it more noticable in the shot.
Thanks Chris...:cheers:...I appreciate the comments...:thumbsup:

I like two and three but the angle of number one looks like someone had a cardboard cut out of the car and it is tipping backwards. The lighting and use of HDR however for all three are awesome.
Thanks Mgw, much appreciated...:cheers:...
I purposely got low, actually laying on the ground, for that particular shot (#1) to give it somewhat of a whimsical effect... thought it would look kind of cool with the HDR processing...:cool:

Here's another side angle shot that's a little more straight on....the 12mm focal length still makes the tires/wheels appear distorted....:)
487263072_8NzTZ-L.jpg

It looks very nice, but the shadows in the foreground in 1 and 3 are distracting.

Yeah those superwide angle lenses will do that to your shots for sure. Love the HDR and lighting again.

z06 = awesome picture= awesome, zo6 + HDR = WIN!

I'm strongly drawn to #3. Even being someone not fond of car photography, I really dig the sense of power that this one conveys. The sky is sensational and – in my opinion – makes the photo. (I sense that the positioning of the car related to the sky is not capricious.) Another strong point is that the effect of the HDR processing is not exaggerated. My suggestion for this image: try to clone out the shadows at the bottom centre and left (those created by elements extraneous to the subject/framing). I would have loved to see the car shot from a slightly lower angle, to show the tire tread in all its glory. Still, a keeper. Well done.

Thanks for the response Federico.....:cheers:
Those darn shadows were the first thing I noticed too....:madass:

I probably moved and repositioned my car a couple dozen times trying to get those clouds just right while keeping the sun at decent angles....:scratch:
Going to have to hurry and get the basics down in photoshop so I can correct some of those type of mistakes....there sure seems to be quite a learning curve to using that program...:banghead:

Thanks for the response Federico.....:cheers:
Those darn shadows were the first thing I noticed too....:madass:

I probably moved and repositioned my car a couple dozen times trying to get those clouds just right while keeping the sun at decent angles....:scratch:
Going to have to hurry and get the basics down in photoshop so I can correct some of those type of mistakes....there sure seems to be quite a learning curve to using that program...:banghead:

Invest in a good neutral density filter it will help with the cloud look that you are looking for as you will be able to get the clouds to streak across the sky.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back